Cross Party Group
To highlight the causes, prevention and treatment of diabetes and the support available for people living with the condition in Wales.
To provide updates on the innovation and implementation of diabetes services across health boards.
To produce reports on subjects affecting people with diabetes and to facilitate the sharing of best practice as well as identifying of areas of concern.
To facilitate better partnership and collaboration with:
- diabetes support organisations, experts and individuals across Wales
- voluntary organisations advocating for health conditions with a close link to diabetes
- voluntary organisations looking to promote a healthy living agenda
To highlight new research and expertise on diabetes and related subjects.
To provide a concise and authoritative forum to enable Senedd Members to learn of the key issues of people with diabetes living in the communities they represent.
To provide an open forum for members to raise issues and explore collaborative work.
Chair: Jayne Bryant MS
Secretary: Josh James
Cross-Party Group Documentation:
- Jayne Bryant MS (Chair)
- Rhun ap Iorwerth MS
- Mike Hedges MS
- Vikki Howells MS
- Altaf Hussain MS
- Mark Isherwood MS
- Joel James MS
- Samuel Kurtz MS
- Peredur Owen Griffiths MS
- Jenny Rathbone MS
- Wendy Gane - All-Wales Patient Reference Group on Diabetes
- Jon Matthias - Children and Young People's Wales Diabetes Network
- Josh James - Diabetes UK
- Dr Julia Platts - National Clinical Lead for Diabetes NHS Wales
- Chris Cottrell - Welsh Academy of Nursing in Diabetes
- Dr Rose Stewart - UK Diabetes Psychology Network
- Sujatha Thaladi - The Mentor Ring