Cross Party Group
Cross-Party Group on Diabetes
To highlight the causes, prevention and treatment of diabetes and the support available for people living with the condition.
To provide regular reports on the Senedd’s implementation of the National Service Framework on Diabetes and facilitate the sharing of best practice and the identification of areas of concern.
To facilitate better partnership and collaboration with
- diabetes support organisations, experts and individuals across Wales
- voluntary organisations advocating for health conditions with a close link to diabetes
- voluntary organisations looking to promote a healthy living agenda
To highlight new research and expertise on diabetes and related subjects.
To provide a concise and authoritative forum to enable Members of the Senedd to learn of the key issues of people with diabetes living in the communities they represent.
To provide an open forum for members to raise issues and explore collaborative work.
Chair: Jayne Bryant AM
Secretary: Josh James (Diabetes UK)
Date: Thursday 18 March 2021
Time: 12.00 – 13.00
Cross-Party Group Documentation:
- Jayne Bryant MS
- Suzy Davies MS
- Mike Hedges MS
- Dai Lloyd MS
- Jenny Rathbone MS
- Caroline Jones MS
- Dai Williams - Diabetes UK
- Jon Matthias - Children and Young People's Wales Diabetes Network
- Wendy Gane - Diabetes Peer Support
- Josh James - Diabetes UK
- Dr Julia Platts - National Clinical Lead for Diabetes NHS Wales