Work programme – Committee on Senedd Electoral Reform
The Committee was established on 18 September 2019 to examine the recommendations of the Expert Panel on Assembly Electoral Reform. The Committee was dissolved following a debate on its report on 7 October 2020.
The establishment of the Committee was proposed by the Llywydd following the Senedd Commission’s decision in June 2019 not to introduce legislation during the Fifth Senedd in respect of Phase 2 of its Senedd Reform programme.
The Committee’s objectives were to:
- consolidate and add to the existing evidence base,
- inform and engage the public, and
- outline a roadmap for reform to inform political parties’ consideration of their policy positions and manifestos for the 2021 Senedd election.
The Committee completed the following inquiries:
Other documents relevant to the Committee’s work can be found below.
Business type: Organisation of proceedings
Reason considered: Senedd Business;
First published: 17/10/2019
- Statement from the Chair of the Committee on Assembly Electoral Reform - 8 January 2020 PDF 189 KB View as HTML (1) 35 KB
- Letter from the Chair to the Llywydd in relation to the committee's work in light of COVID-19 – 1 June 2020 PDF 465 KB View as HTML (2) 23 KB
- Letter from the Chair to the Llywydd in relation to an additional meeting – 8 July 2020 PDF 451 KB View as HTML (3) 19 KB