Cross Party Group
Medical Research - Fifth Senedd
Cross Party Group on Medical Research
1.1 To bring medical research into the National Assembly for Wales to enhance Members’ understanding of funded projects in Welsh Universities, further education and health care settings which have long-term potential to be translated into life-saving treatments.
1.2 To explore issues facing researchers such as funding environments, recruitment and retention, access to students who can assist projects and available resources within individual institutions.
1.3 To provide a chance to see how research has made a difference to the lives of people living with certain conditions and make the link into timely debate on health issues in Wales.
1.4 To raise awareness and understand the value of life sciences to the Welsh economy.
Chair: Angela Burns AM
Secretary: Bethan Edwards, British Heart Foundation Cymru
Date: 9 July 2020
Location: Meeting via Zoom
Cross-Party Group Documentation:
- Angela Burns MS
- Dai Lloyd MS
- Caroline Jones MS
- Mike Hedges MS
- Ed Bridges
- Lee Campbell - Cancer Research UK
- Joanne Ferris - Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI)
- Andy Glyde - Cancer Research UK
- Lowri Jackson - Royal College of Physicians
- Huw Owen - Alzheimer’s Society Cymru
- Kielan Arbalaster - The Brain Tumour Charity
- Professor Christopher Fegan - Cardiff and Value University Health Board
- Martin Fidler-Jones - Tenovus
- Oliver John - Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Gethin Jones - Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
- Matthew O'Grady - Stroke Association
- Cari-Anne Quinn - Life Sciences Hub
- Rhian Thomas-Turner - Noah's Ark, Children's Hospital for Wales