Inquiry into the public forestry estate in Wales
The National Assembly for Wales’ Environment and Sustainability Committee undertook an inquiry into the Public Forest Estate in Wales.
The purpose of the inquiry was to consider how Natural Resources Wales (NRW) had both managed the public forest estate and delivered forestry services to the sector in Wales since its creation in April 2013.
Terms of reference
To assess the management of the public forestry estate in Wales and the provision of forestry services by Natural Resources Wales, with particular regard to:
- The commercial operations and focus of the NRW;
- Delivery of business advice and support to the forestry sector in Wales;
- Management of disease outbreaks on the public forestry estate; and
- Progress made by NRW to deliver the recommendations of the Wales Audit Office.
The Committee held a public consultation to gather evidence on this topic.
Business type: Committee Inquiry
Reason considered: Senedd Business;
First published: 04/04/2014
- Letter to the Minister for Natural Resources - October 2014 PDF 256 KB View as HTML (1) 69 KB
- Response from the Minister for Natural Resources - November 2014 PDF 155 KB
- Natural Resources Wales Response - November 2014 PDF 124 KB View as HTML (3) 73 KB
- Inquiry into the public forestry estate in Wales (completed)