Inquiry into EU funding opportunities 2014-2020
The Enterprise and Business Committee held an inquiry into the EU funding opportunities available to organisations in Wales from 2014-2020.
Terms of reference
- Understand the main opportunities for organisations in Wales from EU funding programmes for 2014-2020 falling within the remit of the Enterprise and Business Committee.
- Consider the extent to which Wales takes an effective approach to maximising the opportunities available from such funding, including the Welsh Government’s EU Strategy, the extent to which EU funding is planned into the budgetary cycle of the Welsh Government and other public authorities in Wales.
- Identify individuals and organisations with a track record of success in participating in EU projects/programmes/initiatives, and explore how their experiences and abilities could be used effectively during 2014-2020.
EU Funding sources covered:
- Connecting Europe Facility: specifically the Trans-European Networks for Transport (TEN-T) and scope for the parts of Wales identified on the TEN-T ‘core network’ to access this.
- Erasmus+: specifically the funding for mobility/innovative actions in the fields of education, training and youth.
- Inter-regional Co-operation (INTERREG) Programmes:
- Ireland-Wales Cross Border Co-operation Programme
- Atlantic Area Transnational Co-operation Programme
- North West Europe Transnational Co-operation Programme
- INTERREG V Programme
- Creative Europe (for media/creative industries/culture)
- Other relevant programmes such as the Competitiveness of SMEs (COSME) Programme and the Programme for Employment and Social Innovation.
Note that this inquiry did not address the main EU Structural Funds Programmes managed in Wales during 2014-2020 nor Horizon 2020, as the Committee had already undertaken inquiries into these over the previous two years.
Evidence from the Public
The Committee held a public consultation to gather evidence on this topic.
Business type: Committee Inquiry
First published: 03/12/2013
- Inquiry into EU funding opportunities 2014-2020 (completed)