Inquiry into the Welsh Government's approach to the promotion of trade and inward investment
The Enterprise and Business Committee undertook an inquiry into the Welsh Government’s approach to the promotion of trade and inward investment.
Terms of Reference
- How effective is the Welsh Government’s approach to the promotion of trade and inward investment?
- How well does the Welsh Government work with its UK Government partners (UK Trade and Investment, and UK Export Finance)?
- What is the scale of Welsh Government resource and funding that is targeted at the promotion of trade and inward investment? Is it sufficient? Does it represent value for money?
- How does the Welsh Government monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of its trade and inward investment activities?
- Does the Welsh Government’s current in-house approach to encouraging trade and inward investment represent an improvement on the organisations that previously existed to perform the same functions? (i.e. the Welsh Development Agency, Wales Trade International, and latterly International Business Wales)
- How effective is the Welsh Government’s approach to investor development? (i.e. the encouragement of re-investment by existing inward investors)
- What are the main barriers faced by potential exporters? How effective is the support offered by the Welsh Government (and UK Government) in reducing these barriers (e.g. trade missions, export finance support)?
- How strong is the Welsh inward investment ‘offer’?
- To what extent is there a coherent Welsh brand for trade and inward investment?
Business type: Committee Inquiry
First published: 28/11/2013
- Report - October 2014 (PDF 597KB)
- * Welsh Government response (PDF 108KB)
- Consultation PDF 27 KB View as HTML (3) 50 KB
- TII 1 - Federation of Small Businesses PDF 1 MB
- TII 2 - Justin Brodie-Smith PDF 937 KB
- TII 3 - Welsh Economy Research Unit, Cardiff Business School, Cardiff University PDF 89 KB View as HTML (6) 46 KB
- TII 4 - South Wales Chamber of Commerce and Mid Wales Chamber of Commerce PDF 69 KB View as HTML (7) 19 KB
- TII 5 - David Long and Geoff Harding PDF 808 KB
- TII 6 - Robert Lock PDF 77 KB View as HTML (9) 19 KB
- TII 7 - UK Trade and Investment (UKTI) PDF 57 KB View as HTML (10) 40 KB
- TII 8 - The Chartered Institute of Marketing PDF 22 KB View as HTML (11) 16 KB
- TII 9 - British Exporters Association PDF 879 KB
- TII 10 - Scottish Development International PDF 528 KB
- TII 11 - Capital Wales PDF 193 KB View as HTML (14) 418 KB
- TII 12 - Dr John Ball PDF 42 KB View as HTML (15) 24 KB
- TII 13 - Ernst & Young PDF 4 MB
- Video presentation