Inquiry into Poverty in Wales Strand 1: poverty and inequality
The Communities, Equality and Local Government Committee undertook an inquiry into poverty in Wales. The inquiry was divided into four strands, each focusing on one particular issue. Each strand was self-contained, with its own terms of reference, but taken together formed an overarching piece of work.
Strand 1: poverty and inequality
- how effectively the Tackling Poverty Action Plan, Strategic Equality Plan and other government strategies work together;
- the impacts of poverty, particularly destitution and extreme poverty, on different groups of people;
- how legislation, policy and budgets targeted at tackling poverty and reducing inequality are co-ordinated and prioritised across the Welsh Government.
Report on Poverty in Wales: Poverty and Inequality, June 2015
Report on Poverty in Wales: Poverty and Inequality, June 2015 – Conclusions and recommendations
An ‘at a glance’ version of the Report
Response from the Minister for Communities and Tackling Poverty – October 2015
Evidence on Strand 1
The Committee held a public consultation to gather evidence on this topic.
Business type: Committee Inquiry
Reason considered: Senedd Business;
First published: 26/11/2013
- Schedule of oral evidence PDF 21 KB View as HTML (1) 24 KB
- Report on Poverty in Wales: Poverty and Inequality, June 2015 - Conclusions and recommendations PDF 364 KB
- Inquiry into Poverty in Wales - Strand 1 (completed)