P-06-1326 The Senedd should scrutinise the prepayment meter scandal in Wales
This petition was submitted by Bethan Sayed, having collected a total of 299 signatures.
Text of Petition:
We call on the Senedd to undertake an inquiry into the prepayment meter scandal.
Over the last two months evidence has emerged that thousands of people have been switched to prepay meters without the required checks as to whether they are vulnerable.
We at Climate Cymru and other campaigners have been exposing this scandal.
Please see links to stories by campaigning journalists like Dean Kirby at the i Newspaper.
- Forced installations of prepayment meters to stop as courts ordered to end issuing warrants (inews.co.uk)
- Prepayment meters must be removed for vulnerable families as compensation is not enough, Grant Schapps told (msn.com)
- i morning briefing: How the prepayment meter scandal was uncovered, and forced change (msn.com)
- Prepayment meters: Grant Schapps gives energy firms until Tuesday to consider compensation (inews.co.uk)
- Prepayment meter investigation - inews.co.uk.
Senedd Constituency and Region
- Cardiff Central
- South Wales Central
- The Petitions Committee homepage
- View all open petitions
- View all petitions the committee is currently considering
- How the petitions system works
- Petition research briefs
Business type: Petition
Reason considered: Senedd Business;
Status: For consideration
First published: 13/03/2023