Accounts and Public Administration Committee is carrying out an inquiry
into public appointments in Wales.
The Committee agreed
to consider the Welsh Government’s approach to the public appointments process,
including where this could be improved to increase the diversity of candidates
for public appointments made by Welsh Ministers.
held its first evidence
session of the inquiry with the Commissioner for Public Appointments on 15
Commissioner for Public Appointments wrote
to the Committee on 24 February 2023 to follow-up on points raised during the
held evidence sessions on:
- 3 and 18 May, and 7 June 2023 with
- 18 May 2023 with the Welsh Government.
also wrote to all Senedd Committees seeking their views and experiences on
the public appointments process in Wales.
Copies of the responses can be found below.
about the Committee’s inquiry
As part of the
inquiry the Senedd’s Citizen Engagement team have undertaken a series of
interviews with people that have held, currently hold, or have applied for
public appointment positions. The Citizen Engagement Team produced a report:
Public Appointments in Wales: Engagement Findings further to completing these
Business type: Committee Inquiry
Reason considered: Senedd Business;
First published: 07/12/2022
- Letter from the Chair to the Welsh Government's Director General Chief Operating Officer - 26 February 2024 PDF 112 KB
- Letter from the Welsh Government's Chief Operating Officer's Group on Public Appointments to the Committee Chair - 29 January 2024 PDF 268 KB
- Welsh Government Evidence Paper - Inquiry into Public Appointments PDF 139 KB
- Public Appointments in Wales: Engagement findings report - March 2023 PDF 222 KB
- Letter from the Commissioner for Public Appointments - 24 February 2023 PDF 220 KB
- Letter from the Chair of the Children, Young People and Education Committee to the Chair of the Public Accounts and Public Administration Committee - 26 January 2023 PDF 319 KB
- Letter from the Committee Chairs to all Committee Chairs on Public Appointments - 7 December 2022 PDF 140 KB
- Letter from the Chair of the Finance Committee PDF 192 KB
- Letter from the Chair of the Culture, Communications, Welsh Language, Sport, and International Relations Committee PDF 126 KB
- Letter from the Chair of the Climate Change, Environment, and Infrastructure Committee PDF 121 KB
- Letter from the Chair of the Children, Young People and Education Committee PDF 126 KB
- Letter from the Chair of the Health and Social Care Committee PDF 157 KB
- Letter from the Chair of the Equality and Social Justice Committee PDF 123 KB