The Public Accounts and Public Administration Committee is carrying out an inquiry into public appointments in Wales.
The Committee agreed to consider the Welsh Government’s approach to the public appointments process, including where this could be improved to increase the diversity of candidates for public appointments made by Welsh Ministers.
The Committee held its first evidence session of the inquiry with the Commissioner for Public Appointments on 15 December 2022.
The Commissioner for Public Appointments wrote to the Committee on 24 February 2023 to follow-up on points raised during the evidence session.
Information about the Committee’s inquiry
As part of the inquiry the Senedd’s Citizen Engagement team have undertaken a series of interviews with people that have held, currently hold, or have applied for public appointment positions. The findings of this work will be considered by the Committee at the end of March 2023.
The Committee is also due to hold further formal evidence sessions with stakeholders in May 2023.
The Committee has also written to all Senedd Committees seeking their views and experiences on the public appointments process in Wales.
Business type: Committee Inquiry
Reason considered: Senedd Business;
First published: 07/12/2022
- Letter from the Commissioner for Public Appointments - 24 February 2023 PDF 220 KB
- Letter from the Chair of the Children, Young People and Education Committee to the Chair of the Public Accounts and Public Administration Committee - 26 January 2023 PDF 319 KB
- Letter from the Committee Chairs to all Committee Chairs on Public Appointments - 7 December 2022 PDF 140 KB
- Letter from the Chair of the Finance Committee PDF 192 KB
- Letter from the Chair of the Culture, Communications, Welsh Language, Sport, and International Relations Committee PDF 126 KB
- Letter from the Chair of the Climate Change, Environment, and Infrastructure Committee PDF 121 KB
- Letter from the Chair of the Children, Young People and Education Committee PDF 126 KB
- Letter from the Chair of the Health and Social Care Committee PDF 157 KB
- Letter from the Chair of the Equality and Social Justice Committee PDF 123 KB