The Public Accounts and Public Administration Committee has agreed to scrutinise the Welsh Government’s purchase of Gilestone Farm. The Committee’s work has focussed on the following areas:
>>> The background to the purchase decision
>>> The powers, policy framework and financial considerations underlying the Welsh Government’s purchase decision
>>> The purchase decision process
>>> The purchase price and short-term lease back arrangement
>>> The long-term lease position
>>> Wider implications
The Committee held an oral evidence session with the Welsh Government on 14 July 2022, and followed up by writing to the Welsh Government on 8 August 2022.
The Committee’s letter:
***noted their understanding of further inquiries being undertaken by Audit Wales regarding the circumstances leading to the purchase of Gilestone Farm;
***asked for clarification on specific matters that had since been raised by third parties since the evidence session.
The Welsh Government responded to the Committee’s letter on 26 September 2022.
The Auditor General wrote to the Committee on 19 January 2023 setting out the findings from his review of events leading up to the Welsh Government’s purchase of Gilestone Farm. The findings were considered in private by the Committee at its meeting on 2 February 2023.
In order to assist the Committee further in its approach to future scrutiny, they wrote to the Welsh Government on 10 February 2023 requesting:
***confirmation regarding ongoing due diligence around plans put forward by companies associated with Green man Festival;
***the anticipated timetable for any future decisions on the use of the farm.
The Welsh Government responded on 14 March 2023.
Business type: Amendment
First published: 29/09/2022
- Letter from Fiona Stewart to the Chair re: A cohesive brand for the overseas market - 1 November 2023 PDF 642 KB
- Letter from the Director General for Economy, Treasury and Constitution Group to the Committee Chair - 25 september 2023 PDF 862 KB
- Letter from the Stop Gilestone Farm Project to the Chair of PAPAC - 12 September 2023 PDF 738 KB
- Letter from Fiona Stewart to the Chair - 28 August 2023 PDF 2 MB
- Letter from the Welsh Government to the Committee Chair - 29 June 2023 PDF 150 KB
- Letter from the Welsh Government to the Chair - 14 March 2023 PDF 132 KB
- Letter from the Chair to the Welsh Government - 10 February 2023 PDF 82 KB
- Letter from the Auditor General to the Chair - 19 January 2023 PDF 377 KB
- Letter from the Welsh Government to the Chair - 26 September 2022 PDF 226 KB
- Letter from the Chair to the Welsh Government - 8 August 2022 PDF 122 KB