Scrutiny of the Audit Wales Annual Report and Accounts 2021-22 and Estimate 2023-24
Audit Wales is the trademark of two legal entities under the Public Audit (Wales) Act 2013: the Auditor General for Wales and the Wales Audit Office.
Each has its own particular powers and duties:
>>>The Auditor General audits and reports on Welsh public bodies.
>>>The Wales Audit Office provides staff and other resources for the Auditor General’s work, and monitors and advises the Auditor General.
The Wales Audit Office and the Auditor General for Wales must jointly lay their estimate of income and expenses for the next financial year before the Senedd, as required by Section 20 of the Public Audit (Wales) Act 2013. Under Standing Order 20.22, the Finance Committee must scrutinise their estimate, and lay a report before the Senedd which includes the estimate, with any modifications which it considers appropriate, following consultation with the Wales Audit Office and the Auditor General for Wales.
The Committee published its report, Annual Scrutiny of the Wales Audit Office and the Auditor General for Wales (PDF, 837KB) on 22 November 2022.
Business type: Budget Scrutiny
Reason considered: Senedd Business;
Status: For consideration
First published: 28/09/2022
- Letter to the Chair of the Finance Committee: Wales Audit Office Fee Scheme 2023-24 - 2 February 2023 PDF 207 KB
- Letter with recomendation responses to Chair of Finance Committee - 19 January 2023 PDF 404 KB
- Letter to the Chair of the Public Accounts and Public Administration Committee regarding the annual scrutiny of the Wales Audit Office and the Auditor General for Wales – 25 November 2022 PDF 178 KB
- Letter from Audit Wales regarding WFG work and the estimate - 11 November 2022 PDF 179 KB
- Letter from PCS and Prospect regarding staff pay - 3 November 2022 PDF 138 KB