NDM8082 Welsh Conservatives Debate - Gynaecological cancer
NDM8082 Darren Millar (Clwyd West)
To propose that the Senedd:
1. Notes that September is gynaecological cancer awareness month.
2. Expresses its concern that the lowest single cancer pathway performance by tumour site is gynaecological, with less than a third of patients being seen within 62 days.
3. Regrets that one-year and five-year survival rates for cancer of the uterus have dropped significantly over the last decade.
4. Further notes research carried out by Jo’s Cervical Cancer Trust which highlights that 80 per cent of women who work full time cannot get a convenient cervical screening appointment.
5. Calls on the Welsh Government to:
a) urgently conduct a review into gynaecological cancer waiting times;
b) ensure that workforce plans for cancer specialists have a focus on gynaecological health; and
c) immediately introduce its cancer action plan.
Reason considered: Senedd Business;
Type: For information
First published: 22/09/2022