Summer exam series 2022
Throughout the Summer of 2022 the Children, Young People and Education Committee monitored the exam series.
In July 2022 we wrote to Qualifications Wales and the WJEC to ask about concerns that had been raised to us by a member of the public and other issues reported in the media (such as missing parts of exams or unreasonably difficult questions).
Qualifications Wales and the WJEC appeared before Committee on 21 September 2022 to give evidence about the summer exams. Following the session, the Committee wrote to Qualifications Wales and a response was received.
A transcript from the meeting is available.
The Committee will continue to keep an eye on exams and assessments as we transition to pre-pandemic ways of assessing learners.
Business type: Other
First published: 03/08/2022
- Response from Qualifications Wales - 04 October 2022 PDF 90 KB
- Question submitted for evidence session - 20 September 2022 PDF 97 KB
- Response from WJEC - 07 September 2022 PDF 179 KB
- Response from Qualifications Wales - 07 September 2022 PDF 105 KB
- Letter to the Chair of the Children, Young People and Education Committee from the Chief Executive of Qualifications Wales - 1 August 2022 PDF 77 KB