Housing Ukrainian refugees
The Local Government and Housing Committee undertook work in relation to housing Ukrainian refugees.
The Committee published its report on 16 March 2023.
Key issues to explore:
- Welsh local authorities preparedness to welcome Ukrainians under the Ukraine Family Scheme and the Homes for Ukraine Scheme.
- The role of local authorities and the third sector in supporting the operation of the Ukraine settlement schemes.
- How the Welsh Government plans to source accommodation and support refugees in the longer-term (once they leave the welcome/reception centres).
- The Welsh Government’s discussions with the WLGA and Welsh local authorities on the operation of the Ukraine settlement schemes
- The cost of providing support and services to Ukrainians arriving in Wales and how these costs will be met.
- The level of funding provided by the UK and Welsh Governments to support local authorities in supporting Ukrainians.
- Issues and pressures resulting from other refugee resettlement schemes and whether lessons/best practice can be shared.
Business type: Early Business
Reason considered: Senedd Business;
First published: 14/06/2022
- Letter from the Chair to the Minister for Social Justice - 26 May 2022 PDF 86 KB
- Letter from the Minister for Social Justice to the Chair - 14 June 2022 PDF 193 KB
- Letter from the Chair to the Minister for Social Justice - 13 July 2022 PDF 79 KB
- Letter from the Minister for Social Justice to the Chair - 3 August 2022 PDF 179 KB
- Letter from the Minister for Social Justice to the Chair - 18 November 2022 PDF 870 KB