Reforming our Senedd: A stronger voice for the people of Wales
The Special Purpose Committee on Senedd Reform published its report ‘Reforming our Senedd: A stronger voice for the people of Wales’ on 30 May 2022.
The Committee was established on 6 October 2021, with a remit to:
>>>consider the conclusions previously reached by the Committee on Senedd Electoral Reform in the Fifth Senedd; and
>>>by 31 May 2022, to make recommendations for policy instructions for a Welsh Government Bill on Senedd reform.
The Committee structured its work around the following broad phases:
>>>Phase One: Members will identify where there is – or a potential to establish – common ground between the policy positions of their political parties, in relation to Senedd reform;
>>>Phase Two: on areas identified in Phase 1, gather further information as necessary for the Committee to develop recommendations for policy instructions; and
>>>Phase Three: develop recommendations for policy instructions.
Business type: Committee Inquiry
Reason considered: Senedd Business;
First published: 30/05/2022
- Reforming our Senedd: A stronger voice for the people of Wales
- Easy Read - Possible Changes to the Senedd PDF 1 MB
- Welsh Government - Response to the Report of the Special Purpose Committee on Senedd Reform
- Media Release
- Senedd Research blog ‘Senedd to debate proposals for a Senedd of 96 Members’
- Senedd Reform: A glossary