In March 2016, the Fourth Assembly Public Accounts Committee undertook and published a Report into the Welsh Government’s acquisition of Cardiff Airport.
The Fifth Senedd Public Accounts Committee considered the Welsh Government’s response to the Report in autumn 2016 and undertook regular evidence sessions with both the Welsh Government and Cardiff Airport.
The predecessor Committee recommended, in its Legacy Report, that its successor Committee prioritises scrutiny of the Welsh Government’s ownership of, and financial support offered to, Cardiff Airport in light of the outbreak of, and recovery from, Covid-19.
The Public Accounts & Public Administration Committee held evidence sessions with Cardiff Airport and Welsh Government on 3 November 2021 and agreed to maintain regular monitoring.
The Committee will conduct a further evidence session with Cardiff Airport and the Welsh Government in Summer 2022.
Business type: Other
First published: 05/08/2021
- Letter from the Committee Chair to Cardiff Airport - 10 March 2022 PDF 108 KB
- Letter from Cardiff Airport to the Chair - 7 January 2022 PDF 1 MB
- Letter from the Welsh Government - 15 December 2021 PDF 555 KB
- Letter from Cardiff Airport to the Chair - 14 December 2021 PDF 386 KB
- Letter from the Committee Chair to Cardiff Airport - 18 November 2021 PDF 113 KB
- Letter from the Committee Chair to the Welsh Government - 18 November 2021 PDF 113 KB