P-06-1170 An immediate independent review of the Tier 1 and Tier 2 selection process in the WPWL
This petition was submitted Mali Beatrice Summers, having collected a total of 2,526 signatures.
Text of Petition:
Abergavenny WFC, Briton Ferry Llansawel Ladies and Cascade YC Ladies have been forcibly relegated from the Welsh Premier Women’s League, the top women’s league in Wales, despite all finishing above the relegation zone. We are calling for a fully independent review of the FAW selection process for the new Tier 1 and Tier 2 leagues to ensure transparency, equality and fairness. Promotion or relegation should be decided on the pitch, and not be driven by money or the size of your men’s team.
The Committee agreed to:
- acknowledge the petitioner’s frustration regarding the process and lack of transparency in relation to publishing the scoring matrix which informed the FAW’s selection.
- state their disappointment with the FAW restructure process
- note the Committee’s frustration and that unfortunately the Committee have no other avenues it can pursue and therefore must close the petition and thank the petitioner for highlighting her concerns
Full details of the consideration of this petition by the Committee and related documents can be seen on the Meetings tab above.
It was first considered by the Petitions Committee on 16/07/2021.
Senedd Constituency and Region
- Brecon and Radnorshire
- Mid and West Wales
- The Petitions Committee homepage
- View all open petitions
- View all petitions the committee is currently considering
- How the petitions system works
Business type: Petition
Reason considered: Senedd Business;
Status: For consideration
First published: 02/07/2021