Glastir: Terms of Reference
Environment and Sustainability Committee undertook an inquiry on the Welsh
Government’s agri-environment scheme, Glastir.
purpose of the inquiry was to:
assess the progress made by the Welsh Government on the delivery of the
gather stakeholder views on the scheme and how it could be improved;
make recommendations to the Welsh Government on the delivery of the
- what progress had been made by the Welsh Government
to implement the recommendations made by the Rees Roberts independent
review of Glastir and whether these have been
- what progress has been made by the Welsh Government
to implement the recommendations made in the ‘Working Smarter’ report, as
it relates to Glastir?
- whether there remain any barriers to entry to the
scheme for the industry and how these could be addressed?
- what the views of stakeholders are on the different
elements of the scheme?
funding arrangements for the scheme and in particular:
- whether there is sufficient flexibility between the funding
of different elements of the scheme?
- whether the costings for different
options available under the All Wales Element and Targeted Element are
reflective of market conditions?
- the funding available for farmers in less favoured areas
entering the scheme.