One-day inquiry into stillbirths in Wales
The Committee’s original inquiry
The National Assembly for Wales’ undertook a one-day inquiry into stillbirths in Wales during 2012/13.
The terms of reference for the inquiry were to examine the awareness, implementation and effectiveness of current guidance and recommendations across the different sectors with regard to stillbirth prevention, especially in relation to poor fetal growth and reduced fetal movements, and where potential improvements can be made.
The Committee held a public consultation to gather
The Committee’s report
The Committee (PDF, 708KB) in February 2013. The Welsh Government responded (PDF, 297KB) in April 2013. The took place in May 2013.
The Committee’s follow-up work
In summer 2014 the Committee agreed to seek an update report from the Minister for Health and Social Services on the progress made to date in implementing the Committee’s recommendations. The Minister for Health and Social Services responded in September 2014.
Business type: Committee Inquiry
First published: 28/03/2012
- Follow up on the one-day inquiry into stillbirths in Wales - letter from the HSC Committee to the Minister for Health and Social Services PDF 215 KB
- One-day inquiry into still births in Wales - Welsh Government progress report - September 2014 PDF 386 KB
- One-day inquiry into stillbirths in Wales - Report - February 2013
- One-day inquiry into stillbirths in Wales - Key conclusions and recommendations - February 2013 PDF 126 KB
- One-day inquiry into stillbirth in Wales - Welsh Government response - April 2013