Welcome to the Senedd's new website. If you have any difficulty using this site please get in touch.
Legislative Consent: Domestic Abuse Bill
Abuse Bill (the Bill) was introduced in the House of Commons on 3 March
The Bill is subject to the legislative consent process under Standing Order 29. This is when the consent of the Welsh Parliament is sought by the UK Government to legislate on an issue which could normally fall within the competence of the Senedd.
The Welsh Government laid a Legislative Consent Memorandum (88KB) (LCM) on the Bill before the Senedd on 3 August 2020.
The Business Committee referred the LCM to the Equality, Local Government and Communities Committee, and Legislation, Justice and Constitution Committee, with a reporting deadline of Thursday 5 November 2020.
Supplementary Legislative Consent Memorandum
On 20 January 2021 the Welsh Government laid a Supplementary LCM (PDF 136KB).
Business type: Legislative Consent
Status: For consideration
First published: 21/09/2020
- Legislative Consent Memorandum - Domestic Abuse Bill - August 2020
- Business Committee timetable for consideration of the LCM - September 2020
- Joint letter from the Chairs of the Equality, Local Government and Communities Committee and the Legislation, Justice and Constitution Committee to the Deputy Minister and Chief Whip – 30 September 2020 PDF 167 KB
- Letter from the Deputy Minister and Chief Whip - 6 October 2020 PDF 260 KB
- Letter from the Deputy Minister and Chief Whip to the Chair of the Legislation, Justice and Constitution Committee and Chair of the Equality, Local Government and Communities Committee - 16 December 2020 PDF 321 KB
- Supplementary Legislative Consent Memorandum
- Supplementary Legislative Consent Memorandum - Domestic Abuse Bill - 20 January 2021 PDF 136 KB