NDM7143 Member Debate under Standing Order 11.21(iv) - Historic Industrial Infrastructure
NDM7143 David Rees (Aberavon)
To propose that the National Assembly for Wales:
1. Notes the rich and diverse network of historic industrial infrastructure across Wales.
2. Notes the economic, regeneration and integrated transport potential of re-opening disused railway lines and tunnels across Wales.
3. Recognises the practical and financial challenges of bringing such infrastructure back into use.
4. Calls upon the Welsh Government to seek ownership of such infrastructure which would aid funding opportunities to be sought.
5. Calls on the UK and Welsh Governments to play its part in exploring the practical opportunities for re-opening such infrastructure across Wales.
Business type: Debate
Reason considered: Senedd Business;
First published: 07/06/2021
Decision due: 2 Oct 2019 by Plenary - Fifth Senedd
Lead member: David Rees MS