NDM7071 Brexit Party debate - Leaving the EU
To propose that the National Assembly for Wales:
1. Notes that Wales voted to leave the European Union.
2. Regrets that the UK did not leave the EU on 29 March 2019, despite repeated promises to do so by the UK Government, and 498 MPs having voted to trigger the Article 50 process to leave by that date.
3. Rejects any extension of the UK’s membership of the EU beyond 31 October 2019.
4. Notes that leaving without a deal could reduce the cost of food, clothing and footwear significantly, and will save the UK taxpayer £39 billion.
5. Resolves that the UK should leave the European Union without a deal on the 31 October 2019 unless the EU, at least:
a) offers the UK a comprehensive free trade agreement; and
b) accepts alternative arrangements in place of the Northern Ireland protocol.
The following amendment has been tabled:
Amendment 1 - Darren Millar (Clwyd West)
Delete all and replace with:
1. Notes that the people of Wales voted to leave the European Union in June 2016.
2. Regrets that the United Kingdom is yet to leave the European Union.
3. Believes that the outcome of the referendum should be implemented.
Business type: Debate
Reason considered: Senedd Business;
First published: 08/06/2021
Decision due: 19 Jun 2019 by Plenary - Fifth Senedd
Lead member: Caroline Jones MS