The Auditor General for Wales published a trilogy of Reports relating to Waste Management since late autumn 2019:
- Waste Management – Procurement of food/residual waste treatment capacity
- Waste Management – Municipal Recycling
- Waste Management – Waste Prevention
The Public Accounts Committee considered this series of Reports in the summer 2019 term and undertook an inquiry in the autumn 2019 term.
The Committee fed its findings into the Welsh Government’s consultation on Beyond Recycling - A strategy to make the circular economy in Wales a reality in March 2020.
A summary of the responses to the Beyond Recycling consultation has been published.
The Wales Audit Office produced this video on procuring residual and food waste treatment capacity:
Read the Wales Audit Office’s blog on recycling.
Date, Agenda and Minutes
1. Welsh Local Government Association
2. WRAP Cymru
3. Natural Resources Wales
4. Welsh Government
Dr Andy Rees
Gian Marco Currado
Business type: Other
First published: 03/05/2019
- Letter from the Committee Chair to the Welsh Government - 19 March 2020 PDF 369 KB
- Waste Management - Survey Results (February 2020) PDF 668 KB
- WLGA - Review of legislation to identify powers to promote the diversion of recyclable materials (including food waste) from residual waste containers at domestic properties (July 2019) PDF 529 KB
- WLGA - Capturing recycling –A guide to behaviour change (July 2019) PDF 2 MB
- Letter from the Welsh Government - 10 December 2019 PDF 276 KB
- Inquiry into Waste Management - Response from WRAP Cymru PDF 131 KB
- Inquiry into Waste Management: - Response from Natural Resources Wales PDF 274 KB
- Wales Audit Office Blog (March 2019) PDF 466 KB View as HTML (8) 8 KB