Electric vehicle charging in Wales
The Economy, Infrastructure and Skills Committee has agreed to undertake a short inquiry into electric vehicle charging in Wales.
The inquiry is to focus on the fact that more and more people in Wales are making the switch to electric and hybrid vehicles.
Terms of reference
- To understand the current charging infrastructure in Wales, and to what extent it is fit for purpose;
- How the infrastructure needs to develop to support an increase in EVs on our roads. How the Welsh Government, private sector and third sector can work together to develop EV charging infrastructure;
- Whether the electricity grid in Wales is able to deal with a significant increase in EV infrastructure, particularly in rural areas;
- To what extent the Welsh Government has acted upon the recommendations in the Low Carbon Vehicle Report;
- To explore the potential for electric vehicles to promote behaviour change, for example in terms of vehicle ownership and car sharing initiatives; and
- Examples of best practice from Wales and further afield.
Business type: Committee Inquiry
Reason considered: Senedd Business;
First published: 21/09/2018
- Committee Report: Electric vehicle charging in Wales - October 2019 PDF 1 MB
- Welsh Government response PDF 382 KB
- Electric vehicle charging in Wales (completed)