Short inquiry into the implications of Brexit on areas within the Culture, Welsh Language and Communications Committee's remit
In October 2018 the held an inquiry into the implications of Brexit on areas within the Committee’s remit. The inquiry looked at how the UK leaving the EU may impact on culture; the arts; the historic environment; Welsh language; communications; broadcasting and the media; and the creative industries in Wales.
The Committee asked people to write to them with their comments on the following issues:
- The possible impacts of Brexit in these areas that are within the competence of the National Assembly for Wales and within the remit of the Committee.
- The possible impacts of Brexit in these areas that are of particular relevance to Wales.
- The Welsh Government’s preparedness for Brexit in these areas.
The Committee published a short report of their findings in December 2018.
The Chair of the Committee made a statement in Plenary on the report in March 2019.
Response to the report
The Welsh Government responded to the report in January 2019.
Business type: Committee Inquiry
Reason considered: Senedd Business;
Status: Inquiry in progress
First published: 12/09/2018
- Report: Brexit, the arts sector, creative industries, heritage and the Welsh language PDF 260 KB
- Welsh Government Response PDF 227 KB