Youth Work - Follow up
The Children, Young People and Education Committee undertook follow-up work on its inquiry into youth work. The report, ‘What type of youth service does Wales want?’ (PDF 1.11MB), was published in December 2016.
The Committee was keen to establish whether work undertaken since publication of the report has made, or is making, a difference to those involved with delivering youth work/youth services on the ground.
The Committee wrote to the Minister for Welsh Language and Lifelong Learning for an update on progress made against the Committee’s recommendations.
The Minister responded (PDF 271KB) with a full update on progress made against the Committee’s recommendations and set out proposals for taking forward this programme of work.
The Committee consulted with key stakeholders to discuss progress on the implementation of the recommendations.
Oral evidence sessions.
The Committee wrote to the Minister for Welsh Language and Lifelong Learning (PDF 163KB) to outline the findings from its follow up work.
The Minister for Welsh Language and Lifelong Learning responded (PDF 201KB) to the Committee’s letter of 12 July.
Business type: Committee Inquiry
Reason considered: Senedd Business;
First published: 15/03/2018
- Consultation Responses
- YW(2) 01 Dr Howard Williamson - University of South Wales PDF 114 KB View as HTML (2) 104 KB
- YW(2) 02 Council for Wales of Voluntary Youth Services PDF 107 KB View as HTML (3) 105 KB
- YW(2) 03 Urdd Gobaith Cymru (Welsh Only) PDF 97 KB View as HTML (4) 87 KB
- Restricted enclosure View reasons restricted
- YW(2) 04 Principal Youth Officers' Group (Wales) PDF 112 KB View as HTML (6) 102 KB
- YW(2) 05 Children’s Commissioner for Wales PDF 602 KB
- YW(2) 06 Education Workforce Council (EWC) PDF 78 KB View as HTML (8) 86 KB
- YW(2) 07 Children in Wales PDF 99 KB View as HTML (9) 77 KB
- YW(2) 08 Youth Cymru PDF 98 KB View as HTML (10) 111 KB
- Letter to the Minister for Welsh Language and Lifelong Learning - 12 July 2018 PDF 163 KB
- Letter from the Minister for Welsh Language and Lifelong Learning - 8 August 2018 PDF 201 KB
- Letter from the Chair of the Children, Young People and Education Committee regarding Youth Work – Follow up – 16 March 2018 PDF 154 KB