Welcome to the Senedd's new website. If you have any difficulty using this site please get in touch.
Work it out: parenting and employment in Wales
The Equality, Local Government and Communities Committee undertook an inquiry into pregnancy, maternity and work.
The terms of reference for the inquiry were to consider:
In order to inform the work of the Committee, the Committee held a series of oral evidence sessions and a public consultation. Details of the oral evidence sessions can be found on the ‘meeting tab’ above.
The Committee published its report: Work it out - parenting and employment in Wales in July 2018.
On publication of the report, John Griffiths AM, Chair of the Committee said:
“Preventing a large proportion of the population from contributing their skills and experience to the workforce is not fair and does not make economic sense. In light of technological, social and economic changes, now is the time to modernise workplaces so that they are fit for the future for everyone, not just parents.”
A shorter ‘Spark’ report has also been published, read it here.
Keeping in touch
If you'd like to know more about the work of the Equality, Local Government and Communities, please view its homepage, follow its Twitter account or contact the team that supports the Committee at SeneddCommunities@assembly.wales
Business type: Committee Inquiry
Reason considered: Senedd Business;
First published: 19/01/2018
- Work it out: parenting and employment in Wales (PDF 3MB) – July 2018
- Letter to the Chair of the Children, Young People and Education Committee (26 April 2018 )
- Letter to the Cabinet Secretary for Education (11 May 2018) PDF 92 KB
- Letter from Leader of the House and Chief Whip and Minister for Children, Older People & Social Care (5 June 2018) PDF 228 KB
- Letter from the Cabinet Secretary for Economy & Transport (4 June 2018) PDF 97 KB
- Letter from the Equality and Human Rights Commission (29 May 2018)
- Restricted enclosure
- Letter to the Leader of the House and Chief Whip (14 November 2018) PDF 82 KB
- Correspondence from the Deputy Minister and Chief Whip regarding the equality data published by Welsh public bodies (4 November 2019) PDF 257 KB
- Work it out: parenting and employment in Wales (completed)