Selling Wales to the World
The Economy, Infrastructure and Skills Committee has agreed to undertake an inquiry into Selling Wales to the World.
The inquiry is intended to give the Committee an overview of what has been done to date to selling Wales abroad and what might be done in the future, mainly in the areas of trade, tourism and skills/training.
The Committee is looking at the following issues:
- How Welsh and UK Governments sell Wales to the World at present in terms of trade, tourism and skills/training;
- The role of the Welsh Government’s overseas offices;
- Welsh and UK Government support for exporters, and inward investment;
- The knowledge of ‘Wales.Com’ web site and in particular the help given by Business Wales;
- The clarity and strength of Wales’s international tourism “brand”;
- The success of Visit Wales’ international marketing activities;
- How Colleges/Universities promote international studying in Wales;
- How the Welsh Government can assist in attracting large international events to Wales;
- The use made of support from the EU and the impact of Brexit;
- What lessons Wales can learn from similarly sized countries?
Business type: Committee Inquiry
Reason considered: Senedd Business;
First published: 07/07/2017
- Committee Report: Selling Wales to the World - September 2018 PDF 1 MB
- Welsh Government response PDF 404 KB
- Selling Wales to the World (completed)