City Deals and the Regional Economies of Wales
The Economy, Infrastructure and Skills Committee will undertake an inquiry into the city and growth deal activity that is taking place in each of the four economic regions of Wales.
The inquiry is intended to give the Committee an overview of the city and growth deal activity that is taking place in each of the four economic regions of Wales – and how these fit together with the economic strategies for Wales and the UK.
To assist with its inquiry, the Committee would welcome your views on any or all of the following points:
- The current position with regard to the signed Cardiff Capital Region and Swansea Bay City Deals and the next steps planned to take them forward
- The intended impact of the City Deals and the way in which this will be governed, funded and monitored
- The potential benefits offered by a possible Growth Deal for North Wales
- The extent to which a similar growth deal approach could be of benefit to Mid Wales
- The degree to which the growth and city deals could solve or exacerbate existing inequalities, both within and between regions
- The degree to which the growth and city deals co-ordinate with Welsh Government strategy
- We would also welcome comparative views on approaches taken by other growth deals and regions across the UK
Business type: Committee Inquiry
Reason considered: Senedd Business;
First published: 10/03/2017
- City Deals and the Regional Economies of Wales (completed)