Expert Reference Group on climate change monitoring
The Climate Change, Environment and Rural Affairs Committee is convening this group to provide it with expert advice in support of its scrutiny of Welsh Government progress towards meeting climate change policy commitments, statutory targets and duties. This includes climate change mitigation and adaptation measures.
This will include:
- providing advice in support of an annual scrutiny round;
- supporting the Committee with its post-legislative scrutiny of the Environment (Wales) Act 2016 and the Well-being of Future Generations (Wales) Act 2015;
- proactively contacting the Committee in response to emerging issues across a wide range of sectors; and
- responding to specific requests for advice in relation to any other aspect of the Committee’s work.
Business type: Other
First published: 22/12/2016
- Invitation to Lord Deben, Chair of UK Climate Change Commission - 18 July 2017 PDF 169 KB
- Correspondence from the Chair to the Llywydd regarding the Climate Change, Environment and Rural Affairs Committee’s agreed approach to the scrutiny of progress on climate change in Wales - 16 December 2016 PDF 194 KB
- The Welsh Governmnet's progress on climate change mitigation: annual report of the Climate Change, Environment and Rural Affairs Committee - 25 May 2018 PDF 656 KB
- Welsh Government's response to the Committee's report of May 2018 - 10 July 2018 PDF 511 KB
- Annual Report on the Welsh Government's progress on climate change, 2019-20 - 18 December 2019 PDF 481 KB
- Welsh Government's response to the Committee's report of December 2019 - 31 January 2020 PDF 481 KB