Community Safety in Wales
The Auditor General for Wales undertook a review which considered the effectiveness of community safety in Wales. The review looked at the effectiveness of partnership working, use of resources, planning and improvement activity and covered the Welsh Government, Police and Crime Commissioners and local authorities. The work also drew on the views of citizens on community safety and how effective public bodies are at keeping people in Wales safe.
The Committee invited views from the Police and Crime Commissioners in Wales which were considered in January 2017 and revisited the issue on publication of the Welsh Government’s Review. Working Together for Safer Communities, published in December 2017, was considered in Committee in January 2018.
The Committee received a series of presentations in November 2018 highlighting the current work being undertaken on this issue.
The Committee has continued to receive regular monitoring reports on the progress being made following the Review and received a final update, in autumn 2020, following the ending of the Programme in June 2020.
Business type: Other
First published: 18/10/2016
- Community Safety in Wales: Update from the Welsh Government (November 2020) PDF 1 MB
- Community Safety in Wales: Update from the Welsh Government (June 2019) PDF 953 KB
- Correspondence from the Welsh Government - 27 February 2018 PDF 196 KB
- Letter from the Committee Chair to the Welsh Government - 30 January 2018 PDF 143 KB
- Correspondence from the Welsh Government - 6 December 2017 PDF 181 KB
- Correspondence from the Welsh Government - 26 July 2017 PDF 184 KB
- Correspondence from the Welsh Government - 10 April 2017 PDF 134 KB View as HTML (7) 32 KB
- Correspondence from the Welsh Government - 9 March 2017 PDF 213 KB View as HTML (8) 84 KB
- Letter from the Committee Chair to the Welsh Government - 9 February 2017 PDF 157 KB
- Letter from the Auditor General for Wales - 23 January 2017 PDF 662 KB
- Letter from Dyfed Powys Police and Crime Commissioner - 25 January 2017 PDF 114 KB View as HTML (11) 69 KB
- Letter from North Wales Police and Crime Commissioner - 13 January 2017 PDF 190 KB
- Letter from South Wales Police and Crime Commissioner - 9 January 2017 PDF 595 KB
- Letter from Gwent Police and Crime Commissioner - 22 December 2016 PDF 323 KB
- Letter to the Chair from the Welsh Government - 25 November 2016 PDF 195 KB
- Auditor General for Wales report - October 2016
- Statement from the Chair of the Public Accounts Committee PDF 106 KB View as HTML (17) 83 KB