Scrutiny of the Welsh language
This page gives details of any Culture, Welsh Language and Communications Committee meetings held which will, or did, relate to the above matter, and includes links to the relevant Papers, Agendas and Minutes.
Note: Meeting Agendas can change at short notice. Particularly where future meeting dates are indicated more than a week in advance. Please check before planning to attend a Committee Meeting that the item you are interested in has not been moved.
The Minister for Lifelong Learning and Welsh Language
The Committee holds scrutiny sessions with the Minister for Lifelong Learning and Welsh Language on a quarterly basis.
Welsh Language Commissioner
The Committee holds scrutiny sessions with the Welsh Language Commissioner on a quarterly basis.
National Assembly for Wales – Draft Official Languages Scheme
The Committee is scrutinising the National Assembly for Wales – Draft Official Languages Scheme
The Welsh Government’s New Welsh Language Strategy
The Committee is currently drafting a report on The Welsh Government’s New Welsh Language Strategy.
In the news
The contents of external websites do not reflect the views and language choice of this Committee or the National Assembly for Wales Commission.
- “Welsh information at 2016 assembly election 'unsatisfactory'” – 8 February 2017
- “AM wins bid to propose law to protect historic names” – 25 January 2017
- “Welsh language 'stick approach' to lessons 'not working'” – 24 January 2016
- “Inuit group learning about Welsh language promotion” – 15 December 2016
- “Gov.uk's Welsh language provision 'astonishing' deterioration” – 12 October 2016
Business type: Other
Status: Inquiry in progress
First published: 06/10/2016
- Letter from Welsh Language Commissioner: Assurance Report 2017-18 (Welsh only) - 6 August 2018 PDF 142 KB
- Letter from Welsh Government regarding the draft Welsh Language Standards (No. 8) Regulations PDF 159 KB
- Letter to British-Irish Parliamentary Assembly regarding Compulsory teaching of Welsh PDF 53 KB
- Letter from an Individual: Delivery of courses in English and Welsh (Welsh only) PDF 100 KB
- Restricted enclosure View reasons restricted
- Letter to Welsh Government: Delivery of Courses in English and Welsh (Welsh only) PDF 161 KB
- Letter from Welsh Language Commissioner: 2016 National Assembly for Wales and Police and Crime Commissioner Elections - February 2017 PDF 480 KB