Welcome to the Senedd's new website. If you have any difficulty using this site please get in touch.
Water quality in Wales
The Environment and Sustainability Committee agreed to hold a short inquiry into water quality in Wales. It agreed to:
- the effectiveness of monitoring and enforcement
It agreed that drinking water quality falls outside the scope of this inquiry.
The Committee received written evidence from the Wye and Usk Foundation, RSPB Cymru, NFU Cymru, Dŵr Cymru, NRW and Keep Wales Tidy.
It took oral evidence from a range of stakeholders at its meeting on 10 June 2015. Details can be found under the ‘meetings’ tab above.
Following the meeting, the Committee wrote to the Minister for Natural Resources and Deputy Minister for Agriculture and Food to request some further information. A copy of this letter is provided below.
If you'd like any further information, please contact the Clerk to the Committee at SeneddEnv@Assembly.Wales.
First published: 22/07/2015
- Letter to the Minister for Natural Resources and Deputy Minister for Farming & Food - 8 July 2015 PDF 286 KB
- Response from the Minister for Natural Resources and Deputy Minister for Farming and Food - 11 August 2015 PDF 281 KB
- Letter to the Minister for Natural Resources - 8 March 2016 PDF 227 KB
- Response from the Minister for Natural Resources - 05 April 2016 PDF 155 KB