Consideration of powers: Public Services Ombudsman for Wales
The Finance Committee undertook an inquiry into the Consideration of Powers of the Public Services Ombudsman for Wales. The role of the Ombudsman was established by the Public Services Ombudsman (Wales) Act 2005. The current Ombudsman has highlighted five main areas for changes to the 2005 Act that he believes will strengthen the role.
The Committee considered these five areas:
Evidence from the Public
The Committee held a public consultation to gather evidence on this topic.
Following this inquiry, the Finance Committee undertook a consultation on the draft Public Services Ombudsman Wales Bill.
Business type: Committee Inquiry
Reason considered: Senedd Business;
Status: Report published
First published: 23/01/2015
- Report on Consideration of Powers: Public Services Ombudsman for Wales (PDF 602KB)
- At a glance version of the Finance Committee’s Report: Consideration of Powers: Public Services Ombudsman for Wales
- Response from the Minister for Public Services to the Chair - 3 July 2015 PDF 214 KB
- Letter from the Chair to the Minister for Public Services - 3 June 2015 PDF 104 KB
- Response from the Minister for Public Services on behalf of the Cabinet - 17 February 2015 PDF 93 KB
- Letter from the Chair to all Welsh Ministers - 15 January 2015 PDF 133 KB
- Letter from the Minister for Finance and Government Business to Chair - 18 December 2014 PDF 135 KB
- Letter from the Communities, Equality and Local Government Committee to Chair - 17 December 2014 PDF 368 KB