Health and Social Care (Quality and Engagement) (Wales) Bill
- This consultation has completed. It ran from Wednesday, 19 June 2019 to Friday, 2 August 2019
- View the background to this consultation
- View all current consultations
Response to the consultation
Evidence submitted in response to this Consultation
- QE1 - Age Cymru PDF 459 KB
- QE2 - Future Generations Commissioner for Wales PDF 308 KB
- QE3 - An individual PDF 192 KB
- QE4 - Alzheimers Society Cymru PDF 487 KB
- QE5 - Social Care Wales PDF 155 KB
- QE6 - Public Services Ombudsman for Wales PDF 362 KB
- QE7 - Royal College of General Practitioners PDF 148 KB
- QE8 - An individual PDF 54 KB
- QE9 - Older People's Commissioner for Wales PDF 283 KB
- QE10 - Hywel Dda University Health Board PDF 117 KB
- QE11 - Gelligaer Community Council PDF 502 KB
- QE12 - Hengoed Crafters PDF 1 MB
- QE13 - An individual PDF 63 KB
- QE14 - Children's Commissioner for Wales PDF 393 KB
- QE15 - Royal College of Physicians Wales PDF 1 MB
- QE16 - Community Pharmacy Wales PDF 330 KB
- QE17 - Healthcare Inspectorate Wales PDF 157 KB
- QE18 -Care Inspectorate Wales PDF 764 KB
- QE19 - National Pharmacy Association PDF 431 KB
- QE20 - Marie Curie PDF 165 KB
- QE21 - General Medical Council PDF 362 KB
- QE22 - Do No Harm Wales PDF 123 KB
- QE23 - An individual PDF 129 KB
- QE24 - Welsh Ambulance Services NHS Trust PDF 335 KB
- QE25 - Chartered Society of Physiotherapy PDF 379 KB
- QE26 - College of Podiatry PDF 366 KB
- QE27 - Welsh Language Commissioner PDF 785 KB
- QE28 - Health Education and Improvement Wales PDF 1 MB
- QE29 - British Medical Association Cymru PDF 221 KB
- QE30 - Cardiff and Vale University Health Board PDF 362 KB
- QE31 - Professional Standards Authority PDF 618 KB
- QE32 - NHS Wales Shared Services Partnership PDF 172 KB
- QE33 - WCVA PDF 247 KB
- QE34 - Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board PDF 407 KB
- QE35 - Board of Community Health Councils PDF 663 KB
- QE36 - Leonard Cheshire Cymru PDF 216 KB
- QE37 - Royal College of Nursing PDF 670 KB
- QE38 - Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists PDF 134 KB
- QE39 - Royal College of Surgeons PDF 414 KB
- QE40 - Royal College of Psychiatrists PDF 203 KB
- QE41 - ADSS & WLGA PDF 217 KB
- QE42 - Public Health Wales PDF 137 KB
- QE43 - Welsh NHS Confederation PDF 284 KB
Purpose of the consultation
Purpose of the consultation
The Health, Social Care and Sport Committee is undertaking an inquiry into the general principles of the Health and Social Care (Quality and Engagement) (Wales) Bill. Further details about the Bill and the accompanying Explanatory Memorandum can be found on the Bill page.
Terms of reference
- the general principles of the Health and Social Care (Quality and Engagement) (Wales) Bill and the extent to which it will contribute to improving and protecting the health, care and well-being of the population of Wales by,
- placing quality considerations at the heart of all the NHS in Wales,
- strengthening the voice of citizens across health and social services,
- placing a duty of candour on NHS organisations, and
- strengthening the governance arrangements for NHS Trusts;
- any potential barriers to the implementation of the provisions and whether the Bill takes account of them;
- whether there are any unintended consequences arising from the Bill;
- the financial implications of the Bill (as set out in Part 2 of the Explanatory Memorandum);
- the appropriateness of the powers in the Bill for Welsh Ministers to make subordinate legislation (as set out in Chapter 5 of Part 1 of the Explanatory Memorandum).
Take our survey
The formal consultation is now closed. However, you can still complete our short survey about the proposed Citizen Voice Body.
Providing Written Evidence
The National Assembly for Wales has two official languages, Welsh and English.
In line with the Assembly’s Official Languages Scheme, the Committee requests that documents or written responses to consultations intended for publication or use in National Assembly proceedings are submitted bilingually. When documents or written responses are not submitted bilingually, we will publish in the language submitted, stating that it has been received in that language only.
We expect other organisations to implement their own standards or schemes and to comply with their statutory obligation.
Disclosure of information
Please ensure that you have considered the Assembly’s policy on disclosure of information before submitting information to the Committee.
Invitation to contribute to the inquiry
The Committee welcomes evidence on the terms of reference and the extent to which the Bill will contribute to improving and protecting the health and well-being of the population of Wales.
Submissions should arrive by 2 August 2019.
If you wish to submit evidence, please send an electronic copy of your submission to: SeneddHealth@assembly.wales.
Should you wish to speak to someone regarding this consultation, please use the below contact details:
Health, Social Care and Sport Committee
Telephone: 0300 200 6565