Consultation on Code of Conduct and Associated Procedures
- This consultation has completed. It ran from Monday, 14 December 2020 to Friday, 22 January 2021
- View the background to this consultation
- View all current consultations
Response to the consultation
Evidence submitted in response to this Consultation
- 1. Sir David Lewis (English only) PDF 51 KB
- 2. Public Affairs Cymru (English only) PDF 56 KB
- 3. Chair of the Committee on Standards in Public Life (English only) PDF 36 KB
- 4. Good Governance Institute (English only) PDF 285 KB
- 5. FDA Wales PDF 212 KB
- 6. Public Service Ombudsman for Wales PDF 109 KB
- 7. PCS UK PDF 171 KB
- 8. Acting Commissioner for Standards PDF 145 KB
Purpose of the consultation
Standards of Conduct Committee - Consultation on Code of Conduct and Associated Procedures
The Code of Conduct is a document which sets out the standards of behaviour and conduct expected by Members of the Senedd. It has statutory authority under the legislation which established the independent Commissioner for Standards. Members who are found not to have followed what is set out in the Code can be reported to the independent Commissioner for Standards. The Commissioner will consider such complaints, and report to the Standards of Conduct Committee if a complaint is considered to have breached the Code.
On the basis of our work so far, we have drafted a revised Code for wider public consultation.
In re-drafting the Code we have sought:
- to provide greater clarity on the standards that are expected of Members;
- to better align with the Dignity and Respect Policy adopted by the Senedd in May 2018.
Responses were accepted up to Friday 22 January 2021.
Providing Written Evidence
The Senedd has two official languages, Welsh and English.
In line with the Senedd’s Official Languages Scheme the Committee requests that documents or written responses to consultations intended for publication or use in Senedd proceedings are submitted bilingually. When documents or written responses are not submitted bilingually, we will publish in the language submitted, stating that it has been received in that language only.
We expect other organisations to implement their own standards or schemes and to comply with their statutory obligation.
Disclosure of information
Please ensure that you have considered the Senedd’s policy on disclosure of information before submitting information to the Committee.
Should you wish to speak to someone regarding this consultation, please use the below contact details:
Standards of Conduct Committee
Telephone: 0300 200 6565