Welcome to the Senedd's new website. If you have any difficulty using this site please get in touch.
Inquiry into the COVID-19 outbreak and its impact on culture, creative industries, heritage, communications and sport
Purpose of the consultation
The Culture, Welsh Language and Communications Committee is undertaking an inquiry into the Covid-19 outbreak in Wales.
The inquiry will consider the impact of the outbreak, and its management on sectors under the Culture, Welsh Language and Communications Committee’s remit, including:
- culture and the creative industries;
- national and community media, including community radio;
- journalism; and,
- for the purposes of this inquiry, we will also be looking at sport at both grass roots and elite levels.
The Committee will examine the response by the Welsh Government and relevant public bodies. It will also consider the Wales response in the wider, UK context.
The Committee is keen to hear from anyone with an interest in this inquiry.
In addition to inviting views in writing, we will also be undertaking a programme of virtual oral evidence gathering. Full details of these sessions will be published on our website as and when they are finalised.
In particular, the Committee is interested in finding out:
- What has been the immediate impact of Covid-19 on the sector?
- How effectively has the support provided by the Welsh Government, the UK Government and arms-length bodies addressed the sector’s needs?
- What will the likely long-term impacts of Covid-19 be on the sector, and what support is needed to deal with those?
- What lessons can be learnt from how the Welsh Government, the UK Government, arms-length bodies and the sector have dealt with Covid-19?
- How might the sector evolve after Covid-19, and how can the Welsh Government support such innovation to deal with future challenges?
How to respond:
Given the current circumstances, we are not asking for a lengthy response. Please share what you can, and we will contact you where we need more information.
There is no fixed deadline for you to submit your views. We ask that you share them with us as soon as you are able so that we can follow things up in as timely a way as possible. You are also welcome to submit more than one piece of evidence if further information becomes available as the inquiry progresses.
Send your views to seneddCWLC@senedd.wales
Providing Written Evidence
The Senedd has two official languages, Welsh and English.
In line with the Senedd’s Official Languages Scheme, the Committee requests that documents or written responses to consultations intended for publication or use in National Senedd proceedings are submitted bilingually. When documents or written responses are not submitted bilingually, we will publish in the language submitted, stating that it has been received in that language only.
We expect other organisations to implement their own standards or schemes and to comply with their statutory obligation.
Disclosure of information
Please ensure that you have considered the Senedd’s policy on disclosure of information before submitting information to the Committee.
- COV01 - Media Wales PDF 456 KB
- COV02 - Theatr Clwyd PDF 121 KB
- COV03 - Arts Council of Wales PDF 989 KB
- COV04 - WALES Communitry Radio Network PDF 140 KB
- COV05 - Weightlifting Wales PDF 61 KB
- COV06 - The Welsh NHS Confederation PDF 287 KB
- COV07 - Little Wander LTD PDF 77 KB
- COV08 - The Congress Theatre Cwmbran PDF 145 KB
- COV09 - Individual PDF 246 KB
- COV10 - Individual PDF 86 KB
- COV11 - Individual PDF 299 KB View as HTML (11) 5 KB
- COV12 - Individual PDF 75 KB
- COV13 - Individual PDF 70 KB
- COV14 - Individual PDF 77 KB
- COV15 - Individual PDF 77 KB
- COV16 - Individual PDF 75 KB
- COV17 - Individual PDF 77 KB
- COV18 - Individual PDF 88 KB
- COV19 - Individual PDF 75 KB
- COV20 - Welsh Association of Male Voice Choirs PDF 222 KB
- COV21 - National Dance Company Wales PDF 2 MB
- COV22 - The Pontypool and Blaenavon Railway Company PDF 121 KB
- COV23 - Individual PDF 59 KB
- COV24 - Conwy County Borough Council PDF 181 KB
- COV25 - Creu Cymru and UK Theatre PDF 1 MB
- COV26 - British Dressage Wales PDF 107 KB
- COV27 - National Trust PDF 248 KB
- COV28 - National Theatre Wales PDF 309 KB
- COV29 - Swim Wales PDF 136 KB
- COV30 - Sport Wales PDF 218 KB
- COV30 (2) - Sports Wales PDF 363 KB View as HTML (31) 33 KB
- COV31 - Conwy County Borough Council PDF 196 KB
- COV32 - The National Centre for Learning Welsh (Welsh only) PDF 138 KB
- COV33 - Institute of Theatre Consultants PDF 225 KB
- COV34 - Mackintosh LTC PDF 205 KB
- COV35 - Individual PDF 65 KB
- COV36 - Individual PDF 99 KB
- COV37 - Urdd Gobaith Cymru (Welsh only) PDF 3 MB
- COV38 - Individual PDF 59 KB
- COV39 - Making Music UK PDF 2 MB
- COV40 - Screen Alliance Wales PDF 143 KB
- COV41 - Literature Wales PDF 112 KB
- COV42 - Fio PDF 88 KB
- COV43 - Voluntary Arts Wales PDF 904 KB
- COV44 - Individual PDF 836 KB
- COV45 - Ffilm Cymru Wales PDF 1 MB
- COV46 - Individual PDF 105 KB
- COV47 - Community Leisure UK (Wales) PDF 280 KB
- COV48 - ArtWorks Cymru PDF 246 KB
- COV49 - Mid Wales Arts PDF 312 KB View as HTML (50) 16 KB
- COV50 - Conwy County Borough Council PDF 154 KB
- COV51 - Head4Arts PDF 206 KB
- COV52 - Mess Up The Mess Theatre PDF 110 KB
- COV53 - Welsh Association of Motor Clubs PDF 2 MB
- COV54 - Hijinx PDF 927 KB
- COV55 - Royal College of Psychiatrists Wales PDF 385 KB View as HTML (56) 43 KB
- COV56 - Individual PDF 186 KB
- COV57 - NUJ PDF 273 KB
- COV57.2 - NUJ PDF 695 KB View as HTML (59) 71 KB
- COV58 - Welsh Language Commissioner PDF 1 MB
- COV59 - Wales Culture and Race Taskforce PDF 116 KB
- COV60 - RCAHMW PDF 107 KB
- COV61 - Theatre projects PDF 102 KB
- COV62 - Wales Co-operative Centre PDF 170 KB
- COV63 - Pact. PDF 309 KB
- COV64 - CLOA PDF 199 KB
- COV65 - Film Hub Wales PDF 231 KB
- COV66 - Individual PDF 1 MB
- COV67 - National Museum Wales PDF 141 KB
- COV68 - Federation of Welsh Museums and Art Galleries of Wales PDF 239 KB
- COV69 - S4C PDF 150 KB
- COV70 - Individual PDF 85 KB
- COV71 - BBC Cymru Wales PDF 145 KB
- COV72- Museums Association PDF 237 KB
- COV73 - Community Theatre in Wales PDF 192 KB
- COV74 - Ty Cerdd and Making Music PDF 421 KB
- COV75 - Arts Council of Wales and Wales Arts International PDF 196 KB
- COV76 - FDA Wales PDF 352 KB View as HTML (78) 15 KB
- COV77 - Live Comedy Association PDF 2 MB View as HTML (79) 2 MB
- COV78 - Mon FM PDF 4 MB
- COV79 - TIGA PDF 633 KB View as HTML (81) 30 KB
- COV80 - Welsh Religious Buildings Trust PDF 971 KB
- COV81 - UK Music PDF 597 KB View as HTML (83) 76 KB
- COV82 - Reach PLC PDF 416 KB View as HTML (84) 18 KB
- COV83 - Prospect & Bectu PDF 1 MB
- COV84 - Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol (Welsh only) PDF 1 MB
- COV85 - Wales Freelance Task Force PDF 3 MB
- Report on further work on the impact of COVID-19 on the arts PDF 153 KB
- The impact of the COVID-19 outbreak on the Welsh language PDF 229 KB
- The impact of the COVID-19 outbreak on the Welsh Language - Welsh Government Response PDF 244 KB
- Impact of the COVID-19 outbreak on journalism and local media PDF 318 KB
- Impact of the COVID-19 outbreak on journalism and local media - Welsh Government Response PDF 182 KB
- The impact of COVID-19 on heritage, museums and archives PDF 193 KB
- The impact of COVID-19 on heritage, museums and archives - Welsh Government Response PDF 143 KB
- Impact of the COVID-19 outbreak on the creative industries PDF 243 KB
- Impact of the COVID-19 outbreak on the creative industries - Welsh Government Response PDF 199 KB View as HTML (97) 42 KB
- Impact of the COVID-19 outbreak on the arts sector PDF 157 KB
- Impact of the COVID-19 outbreak on the arts sector - Welsh Government Response PDF 237 KB
- Impact of the COVID-19 outbreak on sport PDF 207 KB
- Impact of the COVID-19 outbreak on sport - Welsh Government Response PDF 606 KB
- Letter to Reach plc about the proposed reorganisation at Reach and the potential impact on journalism in Wales PDF 242 KB
- Correspondence with the Deputy Minister for Culture, Sport and Tourism regarding Cultural Recovery Fund Freelancer Grant Scheme PDF 440 KB
Should you wish to speak to someone regarding this consultation, please use the below contact details:
Culture, Welsh Language and Communications Committee
Telephone: 0300 200 6565