Hospital discharge processes
- This consultation has completed. It ran from Wednesday, 19 February 2020 to Tuesday, 19 January 2021
- View the background to this consultation
- View all current consultations
Purpose of the consultation
Terms of reference:
The Health, Social Care and Sport Committee called for evidence on:
- How delayed transfers of care are measured (both in terms of numbers and impact), what the national data shows about why delayed transfers of care occur, the key pressure points across Wales and during the year, and possible reasons for variations.
- What are the discharge processes within the health and social care sector, how effectively they adhere to the SAFER guidance and other good practice.
- Whether there is the infrastructure and staff awareness to ensure the effective delivery of these processes.
- The experiences of patients, families, carers and staff of discharge processes.
- What are the barriers and enablers to effective communication and joint working between health, social care and third sector bodies.
- The identification of practical frontline solutions and initiatives that work, enabling effective, appropriate and timely hospital discharge; how these are rolled out and mainstreamed.
Providing Written Evidence
The National Assembly for Wales has two official languages, Welsh and English.
In line with the Assembly’s Official Languages Scheme, the Committee requests that documents or written responses to consultations intended for publication or use in National Assembly proceedings are submitted bilingually. When documents or written responses are not submitted bilingually, we will publish in the language submitted, stating that it has been received in that language only.
We expect other organisations to implement their own standards or schemes and to comply with their statutory obligation.
Disclosure of information
Please ensure that you have considered the Assembly’s policy on disclosure of information before submitting information to the Committee.
Should you wish to speak to someone regarding this consultation, please use the below contact details:
Health, Social Care and Sport Committee
Telephone: 0300 200 6565