Pre-appointment hearing of the Children Commissioner for Wales
This page gives details of any meetings held which will, or did, discuss the matter, and includes links to the relevant Papers, Agendas and Minutes.
Note: Meeting Agenda can change at short notice. Particularly where future meeting dates are indicated more than a week in advance. Please check before planning to attend a Committee Meeting that the item you are interested in has not been moved.
4 Letter from the Chair of the Children, Young People and Education Committee to the Minister for Social Justice regarding powers of the Children’s Commissioner for Wales
- Letter from Children, Young People and Education Committe to Minister for Social Justice regarding Children's Commissioner for Wales - 22 April 2022, item 4 PDF 448 KB
Members noted the correspondence.
6 Pre-appointment hearing of the Children Commissioner for Wales
Children's Commissioner for Wales pre-appointment hearing - Committee discussion
7.1 The Committee considered evidence heard in the session with the preferred candidate.
7.2 Due to reporting timescales the Members agreed to consider and agree the report on the pre-appointment hearing electronically. The report would be laid in the New Year.
Children's Commissioner for Wales pre-appointment hearing
- Restricted enclosure 12 , View reasons restricted (6/1)
- Restricted enclosure 13 , View reasons restricted (6/2)
- Restricted enclosure 14 , View reasons restricted (6/3)
- Restricted enclosure 15 , View reasons restricted (6/4)
- Restricted enclosure 16 , View reasons restricted (6/5)
- Restricted enclosure 17 , View reasons restricted (6/6)
6.1 The Chair noted for this item apologies had been received from Laura Ann Jones MS and Sian Gwenllian MS. Both had been part of the cross-party recruitment panel for the post, and had therefore agreed they should not be present for items relating to the pre-appointment hearing. Sioned Williams MS substituted for Sian.
6.2 The Committee scrutinised the Welsh Government’s preferred candidate.