P-05-1147 Require all schools to provide daily live / recorded teaching to all pupils not returning to school
This page gives details of any meetings held which will, or did, discuss the matter, and includes links to the relevant Papers, Agendas and Minutes.
Note: Meeting Agenda can change at short notice. Particularly where future meeting dates are indicated more than a week in advance. Please check before planning to attend a Committee Meeting that the item you are interested in has not been moved.
4 P-05-1147 Require all schools to provide daily live / recorded teaching to all pupils not returning to school
- Cover sheet, item 4 PDF 49 KB View as HTML (4/1) 6 KB
- Gohebiaeth gan y Gweinidog Addysg, 9 Ebrill 2021, item 4 PDF 167 KB
- Correspondence from the petitioner, 24 June 2021, item 4 PDF 295 KB View as HTML (4/3) 4 KB
The Committee considered the correspondence received and noted that the then Minister clearly stated that decisions regarding live or recorded lessons are a matter for the school and local authority. Consequently, there was little further action it could undertake. It agreed to close the petition and thank the petitioner for raising the issue and to suggest they contact their school or local authority directly if they wished to take the matter forward.
2 P-05-1147 Require all schools to provide daily live / recorded teaching to all pupils not returning to school
- Cover sheet, item 2 PDF 49 KB View as HTML (2/1) 6 KB
- 05.03.21 Correspondence – Minister for Education to the Chair, item 2 PDF 457 KB
- 06.03.21 Correspondence - Petitioner to the Committee, item 2 PDF 128 KB
The Committee considered the petition for the first time and agreed to provide the petitioner’s further correspondence to the Minister for Education and, with the agreement of the petitioner, details of schools not providing any live or recorded lessons, and ask the Minister to consider what options there are for raising this issue further with the school or the local education authority concerned.