P-05-1015 Categorise schools as critical infrastructure
This page gives details of any meetings held which will, or did, discuss the matter, and includes links to the relevant Papers, Agendas and Minutes.
Note: Meeting Agenda can change at short notice. Particularly where future meeting dates are indicated more than a week in advance. Please check before planning to attend a Committee Meeting that the item you are interested in has not been moved.
3 P-05-1015 Categorise schools as critical infrastructure
- Cover sheet, item 3 PDF 51 KB View as HTML (3/1) 8 KB
- 05.11.20 Correspondence – Minister for Education to the Chair, item 3 PDF 381 KB
This petition was considered alongside petition P-05-1011 Virtual On-line teacher-led lessons to be provided for all school children.
The Committee considered an update on the petition and agreed in light of the ongoing scrutiny being applied to this subject by the CYPE Committee, the commitment by the Welsh Government to prioritise keeping schools open, and the expectations and guidance produced about provision of online learning, that there was no further action it could take at this time. It agreed to close the petitions and thank the petitioners.
2 P-05-1015 Categorise schools as critical infrastructure
- Cover sheet, item 2 PDF 51 KB View as HTML (2/1) 8 KB
- Research Brief, item 2 PDF 218 KB View as HTML (2/2) 77 KB
- 21.08.20 Correspondence – Minister for Education to the Chair, item 2 PDF 268 KB
- 22.09.20 Correspondence - Petitioner to the Committee, item 2 PDF 291 KB View as HTML (2/4) 3 KB
The Committee considered the petition for the first time and agreed to write back to the Minister in relation to this petition and P-05-1011, to outline the concerns raised and ask what plans are now in place, should circumstances change further during the autumn term due to national or local restrictions, to ensure there are resources available to support remote or online teaching of all pupils. The Committee also agreed to ask how many pupils in Wales do not have access to the Internet for the purposes of accessing online teaching at home, according to Government data.