P-05-899 Buses for people not profit
This page gives details of any meetings held which will, or did, discuss the matter, and includes links to the relevant Papers, Agendas and Minutes.
Note: Meeting Agenda can change at short notice. Particularly where future meeting dates are indicated more than a week in advance. Please check before planning to attend a Committee Meeting that the item you are interested in has not been moved.
Meeting: 19/11/2019 - Petitions Committee - Fifth Senedd (Item 3)
3 P-05-899 Buses for people not profit
- Cover sheet, item 3 PDF 21 KB View as HTML (3/1) 6 KB
- 23.10.19 Correspondence - Minister for Economy and Transport to Chair, item 3 PDF 30 KB
- 11.11.19 Correspondence - Petitioner to Committee, item 3 PDF 136 KB
The Committee considered further correspondence and agreed to close the petition in light of the planned introduction of the Buses (Wales) Bill and the scrutiny which will be applied to it by the Assembly and another committee during the legislative process.
The Committee also agreed to write to the petitioner to provide them with information about how they can engage with the legislative scrutiny process in order to contribute to the development of the Bill.
Meeting: 01/10/2019 - Petitions Committee - Fifth Senedd (Item 2)
2 P-05-899 Buses for people not profit
- Cover sheet, item 2 PDF 21 KB View as HTML (2/1) 6 KB
- Research Brief, item 2 PDF 44 KB View as HTML (2/2) 39 KB
- 15.08.19 Correspondence - Minister for Economy and Transport to Chair, item 2 PDF 274 KB
- 25.09.19 Correspondence - Petitioner to Chair, item 2 PDF 108 KB
- 25.09.19 Correspondence - Petitioner to Chair - background information, item 2 PDF 4 MB
The Committee considered the petition for the first time and agreed to write back to the Minister for Economy and Transport to request further information about the changes he intends to introduce through the Public Transport Bill, especially around franchising and powers for local authorities to run bus services, and the planned timetable for the Bill’s introduction.