P-05-878 Shut the Door on Wasted Energy
This page gives details of any meetings held which will, or did, discuss the matter, and includes links to the relevant Papers, Agendas and Minutes.
Note: Meeting Agenda can change at short notice. Particularly where future meeting dates are indicated more than a week in advance. Please check before planning to attend a Committee Meeting that the item you are interested in has not been moved.
3 P-05-878 Shut the Door on Wasted Energy
- Cover sheet, item 3 PDF 28 KB View as HTML (3/1) 11 KB
- 19.06.19 Correspondence - Morrisons to Committee, item 3 PDF 19 KB View as HTML (3/2) 2 KB
- 20.06.19 Correspondence - Aldi to Chair, item 3 PDF 30 KB View as HTML (3/3) 3 KB
- 21.06.19 Correspondence - Sainsbury's to Chair, item 3 PDF 30 KB View as HTML (3/4) 5 KB
- 01.07.19 Correspondence - Co-op to Chair, item 3 PDF 100 KB
- 23.09.19 Correspondence - Tesco to Chair, item 3 PDF 35 KB
- 15.10.19 Correspondence - Marks and Spencer to Chair, item 3 PDF 55 KB
- 16.10.19 Correspondence - Waitrose to Chair, item 3 PDF 321 KB
- 29.10.19 Correspondence - Lidl to Chair, item 3 PDF 82 KB
- 11.11.19 Correspondence - Petitioner to Commitee, item 3 PDF 175 KB
In light of the responses received from major supermarkets, and the limitations on the Welsh Government’s powers to mandate action in this area, the Committee agreed to close the petition on the basis that it is unable to take further meaningful action in relation to the petition.
2 P-05-878 Shut the Door on Wasted Energy
- Cover sheet, item 2 PDF 46 KB View as HTML (2/1) 11 KB
- Research Brief, item 2 PDF 87 KB View as HTML (2/2) 43 KB
- 29.04.19 Correspondence - Minister for Economy and Transport to Chair, item 2 PDF 274 KB
- 13.05.19 Correspondence - Petitioner to Committee, item 2 PDF 142 KB
The Committee considered the petition for the first time and agreed to write to:
· the Welsh Retail Consortium to seek their views in relation to the issues raised by the petition and ask for information about relevant actions being taken by its members; and
· the major supermarkets to seek their views on the petition.