P-05-874 Ban the sale of goods packaged in single use plastics on Transport for Wales services
This page gives details of any meetings held which will, or did, discuss the matter, and includes links to the relevant Papers, Agendas and Minutes.
Note: Meeting Agenda can change at short notice. Particularly where future meeting dates are indicated more than a week in advance. Please check before planning to attend a Committee Meeting that the item you are interested in has not been moved.
3 P-05-874 Ban the sale of goods packaged in single use plastics on Transport for Wales services
- Cover sheet, item 3 PDF 36 KB
- 12.07.19 Correspondence - Transport for Wales to Chair, item 3 PDF 185 KB
- 31.07.19 Correspondence - Petitioner to Committee, item 3 PDF 23 KB
In light of the actions described by Transport for Wales and their intention to completely phase out the use of single use plastics on its services, the Committee agreed to close the petition and thank the petitioner for bringing the petition forward.
2 P-05-874 Ban the sale of goods packaged in single use plastics on Transport for Wales services
- Cover sheet, item 2 PDF 38 KB View as HTML (2/1) 5 KB
- Research brief, item 2 PDF 120 KB View as HTML (2/2) 45 KB
- 16.04.19 Correspondence - Minister for Economy and Transport to Chair, item 2 PDF 276 KB
The Committee considered the petition for the first time and agreed to:
- await the views of the petitioner on the response provided by the Minister for Economy and Transport; and
- write to Transport for Wales to seek their views on the petition, ask for further details of the initiatives referred to by the Minister for Economy and Transport and ask whether targets for reducing or eliminating single-use plastics could be incorporated into the procurement for a not-for-profit “at seat catering” service.