P-05-819 Welsh Place Names - Protection & Promotion Bill
This page gives details of any meetings held which will, or did, discuss the matter, and includes links to the relevant Papers, Agendas and Minutes.
Note: Meeting Agenda can change at short notice. Particularly where future meeting dates are indicated more than a week in advance. Please check before planning to attend a Committee Meeting that the item you are interested in has not been moved.
2 Protection of Historic Place Names
Dylan Foster Evans, Representing Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales and Welsh Place-Name Society
Pam Whitham, Ordnance Survey
Eleri James, Senior Infrastructure and Research Officer, Welsh Language Commissioner
Osian Rhys, Cymdeithas yr Iaith Gymraeg
- Restricted enclosure 3 , View reasons restricted (2/1)
- Restricted enclosure 4 , View reasons restricted (2/2)
- RCAHMW paper, item 2 PDF 117 KB View as HTML (2/3) 22 KB
2.1 Dylan Foster Evans from Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales, Pam Whitham from Ordnance Survey, Eleri James from Welsh Language Commissioner and Osian Rhys from Cymdeithas yr Iaith Gymraeg responded to questions from the Committee.
3 P-05-819 Welsh Place Names - Protection & Promotion Bill
- Cover Sheet, item 3 PDF 37 KB View as HTML (3/1) 6 KB
- 26.10.18 Correspondence - Petitioner to the Committee, item 3 PDF 44 KB View as HTML (3/2) 9 KB
- 22.05.18 Correspondence – Minister for Culture, Sport and Tourism to the Chair, item 3 PDF 198 KB
The Committee considered correspondence from the Minister for Culture, Sport and Tourism together with further comments from the petitioner and, taking into account the consideration given to this specific issue by the Culture, Welsh Language and Communications Committee during its recent inquiry into the Historic Environment, and their recommendation that this issue be kept under review, agreed to close the petition.
2 P-05-819 Welsh Place Names - Protection & Promotion Bill
- Cover sheet, item 2 PDF 37 KB View as HTML (2/1) 6 KB
- Research brief, item 2 PDF 72 KB View as HTML (2/2) 35 KB
- 22.05.18 Correspondence – Minister for Culture, Sport and Tourism to the Chair, item 2 PDF 198 KB
The Committee considered the petition for the first time and agreed to await further views from the petitioner in response to the letter from the Minister for Culture, Tourism and Sport before considering whether to take further action on the petition.