This page gives details of any meetings held which will, or did, discuss the matter, and includes links to the relevant Papers, Agendas and Minutes.
Note: Meeting Agenda can change at short notice. Particularly where future meeting dates are indicated more than a week in advance. Please check before planning to attend a Committee Meeting that the item you are interested in has not been moved.
2 Glastir: Letter from the Welsh Government (18 September 2017)
2 Glastir: Letter from Matthew Quinn, Welsh Government - 1 February 2016
- PAC(4)-06-16 PTN2 - Letter from Matthew Quinn, Welsh Government - 1 February 2016, item 2 PDF 624 KB
3 Glastir: Letter from Director for Agriculture, Food and Marine, Welsh Government (19 October 2015)
- PAC(4)-29-15 PTN5 Letter from Director for Agriculture, Food and Marine, Welsh Government on Glastir, item 3 PDF 802 KB
2 Glastir: Letter from the Welsh Government (31 July 2015)
6 Glastir: Consideration of Welsh Government response to the Committee Report
PAC(4)-16-15 Paper 5
PAC(4)-16-15 Paper 6
- PAC(4)-16-15 p5 - Welsh Government response on Glastir, item 6 PDF 287 KB
- PAC(4)-16-15 p6 - AGW comments on WG response, item 6 PDF 247 KB
6.1 Members noted the Welsh Government response and the Auditor General’s remarks to the Committee Report.
6.2 Members agreed that the Chair should write to the Welsh Government seeking further clarification of the government’s response to the Report recommendations.
2 Glastir: Letter from the RSPB (26 March 2015)
5 Glastir: Consideration of draft report
PAC(4)-03-15 Paper 3 – Glastir Draft Report
- Restricted enclosure 28 , View reasons restricted (5/1)
5.1 The Committee considered the draft report on Glastir and agreed a small number of changes.
6 Glastir: Consideration of Responses
PAC(4)-02-15 Paper 2 – Letter from Gareth Jones, Welsh Government
PAC(4)-02-15 Paper 3 – Written Evidence from National Farmers Union
- PAC(4)-02-15 Paper 2 - Letter from Gareth Jones - Welsh Government, item 6 PDF 144 KB
- PAC(4)-02-15 Paper 3 - Written Evidence from National Farmers Union, item 6 PDF 63 KB
6.1 The Committee considered the responses from Gareth Jones, Director General Sustainable Futures, Welsh Government and National Farmers Union.
2 Glastir: Letter from Gareth Jones, Welsh Government (8 January 2015)
Glastir: Consideration of evidence received
5.1 The Committee considered the evidence received from the Welsh Government.
PAC(4)-31-14 paper 1
Gareth Jones – Director General, Sustainable Futures, Welsh Government
Andrew Slade – Director, Agriculture, Food & Marine, Welsh Government
- PAC(4)-31-14 Paper 1 - Welsh Government Response to Chair views on Wales Audit Office Glastir report, item 3 PDF 670 KB
- Research Briefing , View reasons restricted (3/2)
3.1 The Committee scrutinised the Welsh Government Sustainable Futures Director General, Gareth Jones and the Director of Agriculture, Food & Marine, Andrew Slade.
3.2 Gareth Jones agreed to provide the following to the Committee:
· A note on the revised targets that Glastir is expected to achieve and how they will monitor the delivery against those, whether they are biodiversity targets or otherwise.
· The average length of time an inspection takes.
· The number of cross-compliance penalties and the total fines over the past few years.
· A note on how many applications for land to be left unfarmed have been turned down.
· An overview of the steps being taken to assist online applications.
PAC(4)-28-14 paper 1
1.1 Members considered the Welsh Government’s response to the Auditor General for Wales’ report and agreed to hold an evidence session with the Welsh Government.
1.2 Following that session, Members will consider whether they wish to undertake any further work on Glastir.
Glastir: Briefing from the Wales Audit Office
7.1 The Committee received a briefing on the Glastir report from the Auditor General for Wales’ staff. The Committee agreed to seek a response from the Welsh Government which will be shared with the Environment and Sustainability Committee. The Chair will write to the Chair of the Environment and Sustainability Committee with the Welsh Government’s response, when received.