Debate on the Enterprise and Business Committee's Report on the Welsh Government's approach to the promotion of trade and inward investment
Decision Maker: Plenary - Fourth Assembly, Enterprise and Business Committee - Fourth Assembly
Is Key decision?: Yes
The Enterprise and Business Committee undertook an inquiry into the Welsh Government’s approach to the promotion of trade and inward investment.
Terms of Reference
- How effective is the Welsh Government’s approach to the promotion of trade and inward investment?
- How well does the Welsh Government work with its UK Government partners (UK Trade and Investment, and UK Export Finance)?
- What is the scale of Welsh Government resource and funding that is targeted at the promotion of trade and inward investment? Is it sufficient? Does it represent value for money?
- How does the Welsh Government monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of its trade and inward investment activities?
- Does the Welsh Government’s current in-house approach to encouraging trade and inward investment represent an improvement on the organisations that previously existed to perform the same functions? (i.e. the Welsh Development Agency, Wales Trade International, and latterly International Business Wales)
- How effective is the Welsh Government’s approach to investor development? (i.e. the encouragement of re-investment by existing inward investors)
- What are the main barriers faced by potential exporters? How effective is the support offered by the Welsh Government (and UK Government) in reducing these barriers (e.g. trade missions, export finance support)?
- How strong is the Welsh inward investment ‘offer’?
- To what extent is there a coherent Welsh brand for trade and inward investment?
The item started at 15.54
NDM5644 William Graham (South Wales East)
The National Assembly for Wales:
Notes the report of the Enterprise and Business Committee on its Inquiry into The Welsh Government's Approach to the Promotion of Trade and Inward Investment, which was laid in the Table Office on 10 October 2014.
The motion was agreed in accordance with Standing Order 12.36.
Publication date: 03/12/2014
Date of decision: 03/12/2014
Decided at meeting: 03/12/2014 - Plenary - Fourth Assembly