The Finance Committee undertook an inquiry into the process of Asset Management. In particular, the Committee explored:
- processes involved in the management of the Welsh Government’s own estate; and
- guidance, support and the promotion of good practice by the Welsh Government in relation to asset management across the wider Welsh public sector.
In the course of the inquiry, the Committee considered:
- is asset management linked to wider strategic and policy objectives, both in the Welsh Government, and across the wider public sector?
- what lessons can, or have, been learnt from existing good practice in Wales, or elsewhere, in relation to approaches to asset management improvement in the public sector?
- what progress has been made by the Welsh Government in strategic asset management and implementing initiatives to improve the efficiency of asset management across the Welsh public sector?
- in 2010 the Wales Audit Office made the following recommendations, from your experience, to what extent has progress been made in relation to these?
- the Assembly Government should enable more effective land and buildings management across Wales by consulting with public bodies to ascertain what further guidance, information, support and incentives may be required to encourage an improved and more co-ordinated approach to the management of land and buildings;
- ensure land and buildings strategies are up to date and link clearly with corporate and service objectives;
- involve all stakeholders in the development of land and buildings strategies with ownership of the strategies at the highest level.
- develop service land and buildings plans which link to the corporate land and buildings strategy;
- integrate land and buildings management with service planning, workforce planning and ICT strategies, doing more to improve utilisation through flexible working and land and buildings rationalisation;
- ensure roles and responsibilities for managing land and buildings are clearly defined, understood and communicated.
Business type: Committee Inquiry
First published: 26/03/2013
- Report - August 2013
- Welsh Government response to the Finance Committee’s report on Asset Management in the Public Sector PDF 151 KB
- Consultation letter PDF 248 KB View as HTML (3) 63 KB
- FIN(4) AM 01 - Ceredigion PDF 125 KB View as HTML (4) 10 KB
- FIN(4) AM 01 - Ceredigion Appendix 1 PDF 212 KB View as HTML (5) 20 KB
- FIN(4) AM 02 - Blaenau Gwent PDF 33 KB View as HTML (6) 19 KB
- FIN(4) AM 03 - Wales Local Government Association PDF 271 KB View as HTML (7) 31 KB
- FIN(4) AM 04 - Carmarthenshire County Council PDF 782 KB
- FIN(4) AM 05 - Chartered Institute Public Finance Accountancy PDF 2 MB
- FIN(4) AM 06 - Wales Audit Office PDF 736 KB
- FIN(4) AM 07 - The Association of Chief Estates Surveyors - The Consortium of Local Authorities in Wales PDF 651 KB
- FIN(4) AM 08 - Cardiff City Council PDF 90 KB View as HTML (12) 7 KB
- Asset Management Survey February 2013 PDF 90 KB View as HTML (13) 22 KB
- FIN(4) AMS 01 - CONWY County Borough Council PDF 120 KB View as HTML (14) 28 KB
- FIN(4) AMS 01 - CONWY County Borough Council PDF 520 KB
- FIN(4) AMS 01 - CONWY County Borough Council PDF 687 KB
- FIN(4) AMS 01 - CONWY County Borough Council PDF 136 KB
- FIN(4) AMS 01 - CONWY County Borough Council PDF 190 KB
- FIN(4) AMS 02 - Caerphilly Borough Council PDF 115 KB View as HTML (19) 40 KB
- FIN(4) AMS 02 - Caerphilly Borough Council PDF 277 KB
- FIN(4)-AMS 02 - Caerphilly Borough County Council PDF 311 KB View as HTML (21) 100 KB
- FIN(4) AMS 03 - Bridgend County Borough Council PDF 586 KB View as HTML (22) 91 KB
- FIN(4) AMS 04 - Asset Management PDF 146 KB View as HTML (23) 44 KB
- FIN(4) AMS 05 - Hywel Dda Local Health Boards PDF 115 KB View as HTML (24) 35 KB
- FIN(4) AMS 06 - Coleg Morgannwg PDF 128 KB View as HTML (25) 35 KB
- FIN(4) AMS 07 - Pembrokshire County Council PDF 156 KB View as HTML (26) 34 KB
- FIN(4) AMS 08 - Anglesey County Council PDF 170 KB View as HTML (27) 36 KB
- FIN(4) AMS 09 - Wrexham Council (Survey) PDF 1020 KB
- FIN(4) AMS 10 - Glyndwr University PDF 128 KB View as HTML (29) 29 KB
- FIN(4) AMS 11 - Older Peoples Commissioner PDF 220 KB View as HTML (30) 23 KB
- FIN(4) AMS 12 - Rhondda Cynon Taff PDF 7 MB
- FIN(4) AMS 13 - Vale of Glamorgan PDF 883 KB
- FIN(4) AMS 14 - Denbighshire County Council PDF 242 KB View as HTML (33) 43 KB
- FIN(4) AMS 15 - Blaenau Gwent County Borough Council PDF 167 KB View as HTML (34) 52 KB
- FIN(4) AMS 16 - Cardiff County Council PDF 138 KB View as HTML (35) 34 KB
- FIN(4) AMS 17 - Flintshire County Council PDF 191 KB View as HTML (36) 60 KB
- FIN(4) AMS 18 - Carmarthenshire County Council PDF 514 KB View as HTML (37) 53 KB
- FIN(4) AMS 19 - Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board PDF 117 KB View as HTML (38) 30 KB
- Asset Management (completed)