Summer exam series 2022
Throughout the Summer of 2022 the Children, Young People and Education Committee monitored the exam series.
In July 2022 we wrote to Qualifications Wales (PDF 144KB) and the WJEC (PDF 144KB) to ask about concerns that had been raised to us by a member of the public and other issues reported in the media (such as missing parts of exams or unreasonably difficult questions).
Qualifications Wales and the WJEC appeared before Committee on 21 September 2022 to give evidence about the summer exams. Following the session, the Committee wrote (PDF 190KB) to Qualifications Wales and a response (PDF191KB) was received.
A transcript from the meeting is available.
The Committee will continue to keep an eye on exams and assessments as we transition to pre-pandemic ways of assessing learners.
Business type: Other
First published: 03/08/2022
- Response from Qualifications Wales - 04 October 2022 PDF 90 KB
- Letter from the Chair of the Children, Young People and Education Committee to the Chief Executive of Qualifications Wales - 28 september 2022 PDF 190 KB
- Question submitted for evidence session - 20 September 2022 PDF 97 KB
- Response from WJEC - 07 September 2022 PDF 179 KB
- Response from Qualifications Wales - 07 September 2022 PDF 105 KB
- Letter to the Chair of the Children, Young People and Education Committee from the Chief Executive of Qualifications Wales - 1 August 2022 PDF 77 KB